I work with some porcine tissues and it is sometimes difficult to find
antibodies specific to pig.  A doctor I work with asked some one he knew in
Europe about using antibodies that are listed as working in human being used on
porcine tissue.  This person stated that there would be about a 10% chance that
the anti-human antibodies would work on porcine tissues.   The antibody
companies mostly give the same "we did not try it on pig tissue" response.  I
understand that it is likely expensive to continue to test antibodies on a wide
variety of animal tissues, so that is fine.  But what do you guys think about
the 10% chance?  I would have said more than that.
Thank you in advance for your time,
Cathy