I  have  used formical for years and it works great.  You don'= t have
   to  pre-fix your samples because there is formalin in with the decal.
It  fixes  and  decals at the same time.  I don't know how many sp   ecimens
you  have,  but a sure fire way to check is to weigh the bone
   after  g=  rossing.   Then  everyday  weigh  it  and replace the decal
   solution. =  It  should  start  losing  weight  because the calcium is
   coming  out.   As  = soon as the sample starts gaining weight, take it
   out.   Now  it is just= absorbing fluid.  In the past when I have done
   huge bones, I use this= technique (learned at a NSH convention) and it
   works like a charm!  H= ope that helps =)

   PS-The formical is made by Dec= al company.

   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

   Histotechnician
   <= /span>

   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg 4 = Suite 100

   Austin, Texas  78744

   (512)386-5107