My OR department is wanting a small biopsy cassette that they can sterilize, be
in the sterile field and place small biopsy specimens directly into a cassette
before placing in formalin. We've had a problem with small biopsies
dissolving/disappearing in telfa pads. We can't seem to find a cassette that
the manufacture approves to be sterilized. I have a sample of a metal biopsy
cassette, but the lid closure is questionable. I'm having trouble thinking "out
of the box" on this problem. I've never had an OR request this before. Any tips
would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Brandi
Capital Region Medical Center