Hi,

I am a student and I am working on an assignment writing a mock SOP for the H &
E staining procedure, both progressive and regressive. One heading of the SOP
is control. I read the book and tried to google for a good answer as to what
this part of the SOP entails. I know that controls are run to make sure that
the slides are staining properly before new reagents are used on patient
tissue. I am wondering if  what I should be putting under the control heading
of the SOP is that a control should be run after every stain or reagent change,
or if there is something I am missing.

Thank you,
Corrinne Vernick
Keiser University