This practice is listed as a QC measure for issues of cross contamination in
the ASCP publication "Quality Management in Anatomic Pathology, Nakhleh, R.
M.D. I have never had any issues that were persistant enough to warrant this
measure myself, but it is one of the suggestions made under the section for use
of control tissue/slides.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC