Well I am  mostly clinical...but I think that organizations can set standards
outside and beyond what CAP,CLIA etc stipulate. For the position I have now, I
had to submit all my transcripts from high school up through masters in
addition to  proof of my ASCP certification, IHC qualification, continuing
education, and professional association activity. There is a lot of gray area
out there. They seem to have not had trouble getting applicants though ( and I
know this varies by market), there were over 8 candidates for an HT opening,
which I thought was a pretty good turn out.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC