I'm working with a lab that stained cat gonads with Warthin Starry. We're looking for Bartonella bacteria. In the first batch that was stained, some nucleii filled with the silver stain, something I've see in published images. In the second batch it appears that nucleolus filled with silver. I haven't seen that in google searches, etc. I wondered if others have seen the nucleolus fill with silver (or is this bartonella?). I'm also wondering how to prevent this sort of thing with proper bench procedures.

Thanks!

Jerry Sedgewick