Should also be cut on the day they are to be stained.Rae Staskiewicz
HT(ASCP)Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Paula Keene Pierce via Histonet
<histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu> Date: 4/16/20  3:24 PM  (GMT-06:00) To:
histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu, Ken M <kdea...@hotmail.com> Subject: Re:
[Histonet] Recommended thickness of Amyloid sections As this is my 41 year of
being a registered HT, I was taught that slides for amyloid are to be cut at
8-10µm.Paula Keene Pierce, BS, HTL(ASCP)HTPresidentExcalibur Pathology,
Inc.5830 N Blue Lake DriveNorman, OK 73069PH
405-759-3953http://www.excaliburpathology.comA sharp knife is nothing without a
sharp eye. - Klingon Proverb     On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 03:18:44 PM CDT,
Ken M via Histonet <histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:    Hello All.  We
have always cut all of our histology control slides at 5m.  We were told today
that it is common practice to cut Amyloid at 8m?  Is this your
experience?Ken_______________________________________________Histonet mailing