>From: shafinaz To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: H-Muslimat-Net* mothers day.. my wandering thoughts for the day.
>Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:20:43 +0800 (Taipei Standard Time)
>

>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  <  Sila hantarkan mel anda ke [EMAIL PROTECTED]         >
>  <  Hizbi-Muslimat-Net : Membina Muslimat Pembangun Ummah >
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

>assalamualaikum,
>
>i read the poem that nor send .. 'before i was a mother'.. and what was
>mentioned there was very very true.. and last weekend i saw all over the
>newspaper that mother's day is coming again.. this may 14th i think.
then i remembered the poem send by nuraini.. abt a daughter who found this
poem in her mom's drawer after she passed away..

>somehow today i felt very touchy.
>i missed my mom, very very much.

when i read the poem that nor send, somehow instead of acknowledging the
things that my children do to me, i felt sad.. knowing i did worst to my
mom, i think. all the headache i put her through.

last week i got a call from her.. i was abt to call her, but the phone
rang and she was tehre. so i said.. ' la.. baru nak phone mak,, nak tanya
khabaq.. dok kelam kabut ngan anak anak ni.. tak dan telephone lagi..' my
mom's reply was...' tu la. masa kat canada dulu boleh phone selalu, la ni
dah balik msia, punya susah nak dengaq khabaq berita'. i was breastfeeding
at the time she called, so i said .. ' dulukat canada tak dak anak. tak dak
sapa nak kacau..' both of us  laughed at that.
true enough i think now in between the 4 children , times flies so fast.
ensure teh bigger ones sleep, baca fatihah and doa with them, then off to
breastfeed the baby, tertidor. tomorrow is the same routine.. wake up,
rushing to work, come back , have dinner, homework, already 11 pm, rush
everybody to bed, and tertidor again. soem days tertidor while
breastfeeding. woke up at 3, solat isyak then continue our precious sleep.
so it's not that i dont want to call my mom, but sometimes times moves so
fast.. it's 2, 3 weeks passed by.. without me calling her. no doubt that she
has other children, but do we know taht all of us are special to her?

if my sister called her.. it's still my sister, but it's me taht she still
didn't hear from. if she misses her children, if i called her, taht will not
make her misses my sister any lesser. any of you following me?

i remembered last 3 yrs.. i got a message from her on the voice mail.. teh
message was:" assalamualaikum. makcik dok cari anak makcik ni. dulu dia
study kat canada, lepas tu dia balik m'sia dah. dah kawin dah. kata la ni
kerja kat kuala lumpur, tapi lama dah makcik tak dengaq cerita dia.. kalau
anak jumpa dia, habaq kat dia makcik kirim salam, assalamualikum. " that was
the message i got when i checked my voice message. i cried that day, i
laughed , and i cried. she knew very well taht it's our phone, but she
purposely left the message for me. i felt so bad. that taught me something.
it touched me so much i kept on repeating the message again and  again. and
i wrote teh message in my planner.. teh message from a mother.. to a
daughter who is so busy with everyday's chores taht she forgot her mother!!!

last chinese new yr she came to my place. i just gave birth to my 4th
child, so we didn't balik kampung during raya puasa. masa dok kemas kemas
bilik tu, i saw her 'kitab' bag. taht is a bag where she put all her surah
Yaasin, ma'thurat and apa apa lagi.. the bag actually was a 'tote' bag yg
kita dapat masa belik kain pelikat / kain batik. it was a transparent bag
with a zipper. what caught my attention was a lovely floral  card - a
mother's day card. i was being nosy, so i opened up the bag, and just to see
the card. she cut off the edges of the card to fit in the card inside the
bag . the card was given to her by my eldest sister to her last year. it has
beautiful colours and flowers  inside and my sister quote another poem that
i read soemwhere before.. for her..  i felt so sad, tears welled up in my
eyes.. you know what? why am i telling all these? coz it may just just
another mother's day for us, but for her.. it was/ is something very special
that she treasure it. i wish i gave something that nice to her that she'll
carry it with her wherever she go... !!!

>to all my friends out there..
>treasure our moms while we still can.
>show them our love.. tell them we love them .
>she is the person closest to you
>do not refer to our mother - any lesser than who they are to you..
>they are not our 'orang tua'
>they are not our orang gaji,
>they are not our pengasuh anak kita..
>even if they helped to take care of our children.. pls remember thay  e
>doing us the favour, rather than let us worry abt other babysitter /
>maid..
>having 4 children, even the thought of my children refering me as less
>than a mother will break my heart i think..

this is mothers's day week. may be we say taht it's a western culture. for
me.. it's a day that i know my mom knows.. various newspapers are having
competition abt mothers day.. write something abt yr mom in 15 words, and
perhaps we'll win something.. how can i describe my mom, and what wonderful
thing she did to me in 15 words? her unconditional love? her everlasting
love? her wrinkles that was caused by worrying abt  me.. and all her
children?