the system manager.

--- Begin Message ---
Volume 2, Page 150: The takbir during salatul 'idain

The 'id prayer consists of two rak'at during which it is sunnah to
pronounce the takbir seven times, after the opening takbir and before
the Qur'anic recital in the first rak'ah. During the second rak'ah,
one makes takbir five times after the takbir which is customarily
made for standing after the prostration. One is to raise one's hands
during each pronouncement of the takbir. This is based on a report
transmitted from 'Umar and his son Abdullah.

'Amr ibn Shu'aib reports from his father on the authority of his
grandfather that the Prophet would make twelve takbirat during
the 'id prayer, seven in the first rak'ah and five in the second. He
did not pray before or after the 'id. This is related by Ahmad and
Ibn Majah. Ahmad says: "I follow that."

Abu Dawud and ad-Daraqutni report that the Prophet said: "The
takbirat during the ['id of breaking the fast are seven in the first
rak'ah and five in the second, and the Qur'anic recital comes after
them in both the rak'at." This is the strongest opinion and it is the
opinion of the majority of the people of knowledge from among the
companions, the successors, and the imams. Ibn Abdul-Barr commenting
on the number of takbirat, says: "It has been related through many
good chains that the Prophet made seven takbirat in the first rak'ah
and five in the second. Such has been related from 'Abdullah
ibn 'Amr, Ibn 'Umar, Jabir, 'Aishah. Abu Waqid, and 'Amer ibn 'Auf al-
Mazni. Nothing that has been related from him, either through a
stonger or weaker chain, differs from that, and it was the first to
be practiced."

As to the pause between takbirat, it is said that the Prophet would
be silent for a short period of time between the takbirat, and
nothing has been related from him concerning exactly what he said
during that pause; however, at-Tabarani and al-Baihai relate, with a
strong chain, that Ibn Mas'ud would praise and extol Allah, the
Exalted, and make prayers upon the Prophet during such intervals. The
same has been recorded from Huzhaifah and Abu Musa. Pronouncing the
takbirat are a sunnah even though the salah is not invalidated if one
neglects them, either intentionally or out of forgetfulness.

Ibn Qudamah says: "I know of no difference of opinion on that point."
Ash-Shaukani states that the strongest opinion is that if one does
not perform the takbirat out of forgetfulness, he is not to perform
the prostrations of forgetfulness.

Volume 2, Page 151: Prayer before or after salatul 'id
It is not established that there is any sunnah prayer before or after
the 'id prayer. The Prophet never performed any such prayer, neither
did his companions upon arrival at the musalla (prayer place).

Ibn 'Abbas reports: "The Messenger of Allah went out to the site of
the 'id prayer and prayed two rak'at [i.e., the 'id prayer] without
praying anything before or after it." This is related by the group.

It is reported that Ibn 'Umar did the same and he stated that this
was the practice of the Prophet.

Al-Bukhari records that Ibn 'Abbas disliked that one should perform a
prayer before salatul 'id. Concerning voluntary prayers at such a
time, Ibn Hajar has stated in Fath al-Bari that there is no evidence
to show that it is not allowed, unless it is at the times in which it
is disliked to pray on any day.

Volume 2, Page 151a: For whom the performance of salatul 'id is valid
The 'id prayer is valid for men, women, children, travellers,
residents, people in congregation, and people praying individually.
It is also valid if performed in a house, mosque, or a distant place
designated for the salah, and so on.

Volume 2, Page 151b: Whoever misses salatul 'id with the congregation
may pray two rak'at

In Sahih al-Bukhari we find in the chapter entitled: "If one misses
salatul 'id he may pray two rak'at and the same is the case for the
women or people in their houses or in the countryside. This is based
on the Prophet's words: 'O Muslims, this is our festival."' Anas ibn
Malik ordered his protege Ibn abi-'Utbah, [who lived] in a remote
area, to gather his family and children and to pray [the 'id prayer]
like the people in the city and with takbirat similar to
theirs. 'Ikrimah said: "The people of the country should gather for
the 'id and pray two rak'at as the imam does." 'Ata says: "If you
miss the 'id [salah], pray two rak'at."

Volume 2, Page 151c: The khutbah of salatul 'id
The khutbah after salatul id is a sunnah and so is listening to it.
Abu Sa'id says: "On the id of breaking the fast and of the sacrifice,
the Prophet would go to the musalla (prayer place) and begin with the
salah and when he finished, he would face the people while the people
were sitting in rows, and he would admonish them, advise them, and
exhort them [to do good deeds]. And if he wished to send off an army
or order something, he would do so and then leave." Abu Sa'id then
says: "The people continued to act likewise until I went out with
Marwan, while he was the govenor of Medinah, for one of the two 'ids.
When I arrived at the place of prayer, I found a minbar that was
built by Kathir ibn as-Salt. When Marwan went to mount it before the
prayer, I pulled him by his clothes. He pushed me away and gave the
khutbah before the salah. I said to him: 'By Allah you have changed
[the order].' He said: 'O Abu Sa'id...what you know is gone.' I
said: 'By Allah, what I know is better than what I don't know.' He
said: 'The people would not stay with us after the salah so we made
the khutbah before the salah.'" This is related by al-Bukhari and
Muslim.

'Abdullah ibn as-Sa'ib said: "I prayed the 'id salah with the
Messenger of Allah and when he finished the salah he said: 'We will
be delivering a khutbah. Whoever wishes to stay for the khutbah may
stay. Whoever would like to leave, may leave . ' " This is related by
an-Nasa' i, Abu Dawud, and Ibn Majah.

Whatever has been recorded suggests that there are two khutbahs for
the 'id and the imam sits between them [i.e., like the khutbatul
Jumu'ah]. Such reports are considered weak. An-Nawawi says: "There is
nothing at all substantiated about there being more than one
khutbah."

Ibn al-Qayyim writes: "The Prophet would begin all of his khutbahs
with the praise of Allah and there is no hadith from him that states
that he began his 'id khutbahs with takbir.

Ibn Majah recorded in his Sunan from Sa'id, the mu'azhzhin of the
Prophet, that the Prophet would say the takbir during his khutbahs
and even more so during the 'id khutbahs. Still, this does not prove
that he began his khutbah with it! The people differ over the
beginning of the 'id and the khutbah for salatul istisqa' (prayer for
rain). Some say that they are to begin with takbir. Some say that the
khutbah for salatul istisqa' begins with praying for forgiveness
while others say it begins with praises of Allah." Shaikh al-Islam
Ibn Taimiyyah says: "That is correct as the Prophet said: 'Every
affair that does not begin with the praise of Allah is deficient.'
The Prophet began all of his speeches with praises of Allah.
Concerning the statement of many jurists, i.e.. he began the 'prayer
for rain' by asking forgiveness from Allah and the id speech with
takbir, there is absolutely no proof for it in the Prophet's sunnah.
In fact the sunnah contradicts that statement as he began all of his
speeches with the praises of Allah."

Volume 2, Page 152: Making up a missed 'id prayer

Abu 'Umair ibn Anas reports: "My Ansari uncles from among the
companions of the Messenger of Allah said to me: 'The moon for the
month of Shawwal was hidden from us and, therefore, our companions
fasted. Then at the end of the day, riders came and they bore witness
to the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam that they had seen the moon
the previous night. The Prophet ordered the people to break their
fasts and to go out to the site of the salatul 'id on the next day.'"
This is related by Ahmad, an-Nasa'i, and Ibn Majah with a sahih
chain. In this hadith there lies evidence for those who say that if
the people miss salatul 'id due to some excuse, then they may go out
and pray it the next day.

Volume 2, Page 153: Playing, amusements, singing, and eating on the
days of 'id

Recreation, amusements, and singing, if they stay within the moral
bounds, are permissible on the days of 'id.

Anas reports: "When the Prophet came to Medinah they had two days of
sport and amusement. The Prophet said: "Allah, the Exalted, has
exchanged these days for two days better than them: the day of
breaking the fast and the day of sacrifice." This is related by an-
Nasa'i and Ibn Hibban with a sahih chain.

'Aishah says: "The Abyssinians were preforming in the mosque on the
day of 'id. I looked over the Prophet's shoulders and he lowered them
a little so I could see them until I was satisfied and left." This is
related by Ahmad, al-Bukhari, and Muslim.

Ahmad, al-Bukhari, and Muslim also record that she said: "Abu Bakr
entered upon us on the day of 'id and there were some slave girls who
were recounting [in song the battle of] Bu'ath in which many of the
brave of the tribes of Aus and Khazraj were killed. Abu Bakr
said: 'Slaves of Allah, you play the pipes of the Satan!' He said it
three times. The Prophet said to him: 'O Abu Bakr, every people have
a festival and this is our festival."' In al-Bukhari's
version, 'Aishah said: "The Messenger of Allah, entered the house and
I had two girls who were singing about the battle of Bu'ath. The
Prophet lied down on the bed and turned his face to the other
direction. Abu Bakr entered and spoke harshly to me, 'Musical
instruments of the Satan in the presence of the Messenger of Allah!'
The Messenger of Allah turned his face to him and said: 'Leave them.'
When Abu Bakr became inattentive I signaled to the girls to leave. It
was the day of 'id and the Africans were performing with their
shields and spears. Either I asked him or the Prophet asked if I
would like to watch them [I don't recall now]. I replied in the
affirmative. At this the Prophet made me stand behind him and my
cheek was against his. He was saying: 'Carry on, O tribe of Arfadah,'
until I tired. The Prophet asked: 'Is that enough for you?' I
replied: "yes," so he said: 'Leave [then].'"

Ibn Hajar writes in Fath al-Bari, "Ibn as-Siraj related from Abu az-
Zinad on the authority of 'Urwah from 'Aishah that the Prophet said
that day: 'Let the Jews of Medinah know that our religion is spacious
[and has room for relaxation] and I have been sent with an easy and
straight forward religion. "'

Ahmad and Muslim record from Nubaishah that the Prophet sallallahu
alehi wasallam said: "The days of tashriq (i.e., the days in which
the 'id is celebrated) are days of eating and drinking [non alcoholic
drinks] and of remembering Allah, the Exalted."

Untuk melihat arkib sila klik
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fikrah/messages
Untuk melihat links yang menjadi pilihan
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fikrah/links
Untuk melihat artikel-artikel pilihan
http://www.geocities.com/moderator_fikrah