> Does anyone know which flags have to be set for a full body
> animation (like the death animations)? If I don't set
> the pev->deadflag to something other than DEAD_NO,
> my animation is only played by the player's top half. Basically, my
> animation has the player kneel down, so I can't separate it
> between the pev->sequence and pev->gaitsequence.
>
> If I set pev->deadflag to anything other than DEAD_NO, the animation
> plays out perfectly, the only problem is that the player is not really
dead!
> This causes all kinds of animation problems when the player really does
get killed
> (he doesn't end up lying down, just standing with the dead pose).

In the default SDK player.cpp code, the CBasePlayer::Killed() function sets
the animation to PLAYER_DIE, sets pev->deadflag = DEAD_DYING, then sets up a
Think function (PlayerDeathThink).  CBasePlayer::PlayerDeathThink() will
advanced the animation frames as long as pev->deadflag == DEAD_DYING (or
until the animation sequence has ended, m_fSequenceFinished == 0).  Once the
animation finishes, the pev->deadflag is set to DEAD_DEAD (indicating the
player is really dead and the animation is complete).

If you aren't setting pev->deadflag = DEAD_DYING, then the animation in
PlayerDeathThink() will not play.

Jeffrey "botman" Broome