I've noticed that the python weapon model has submodel groups in it but what i really
want to do is change the v_models skins on demand. you can set a players skin by
playerPointer->pev->skin but it doesn't seem to work on v_weaponmodels... i tried
adding it to the deploy function (pev->skin = 2) but it doesn't do anything the model
stays its first skin.

I have a compiled model with multiple skins already set up and i have done skin
changes with player models before but it doesn't seem to work with the weapons for me.

desert crisis did multiple submodels for each skin change. Am i not able to change the
skin colour of a v_weaponmodel without making each skin colour change a submodel of
the v_weaponmodel?

Anyone got any ideas about this as to whether you can do it? maybe i am doing it wrong
but i dunno. All that changes in the v_weaponmodel is the hands skins the weapon
itself stays untouched but since the hands are compiled into the weapons its really
part of the weapon so it should change :/ i dunno..

help anyone??? it'd be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Christopher Long.