From: Christopher Long [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 5:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] v_weaponmodels skin changing

The player model changes fine Ken and there are 4 subskins. The view weapon
model also has 4 subskins but it won't change.... i set the player skin and
from what you say it should also change the view model.... but it doesn't
and this is from a fresh sdk install.

I used a fresh sdk straight off the assembly line and changed the player
model and the weapon view model(v_myweapon) still remains skin 1.

I'll look over the model again to make sure its all ok... but its showing
itself properly in half life model viewer so i don't see how it can have a
problem.

You sure its possible to change the skin on the weapon view model without
incorporating it into a submodel of the weapon like what is done with the
python????
cause to date i haven't seen a mod that does it with no sub groups and just
a skin list.