Just noticed there is completely no information available on the filters
you can use so using information I have noted down from another list and
my extra notes this should be all you need.

Game: \gamedir\tfc
Basically it's the directory the mod is stored in on your computer (well
the servers but I doubt many if any servers change them)
e.g.
C:/SIERRA/Half-Life/tfc (\gamedir\tfc) for TFC
C:/SIERRA/Half-Life/cstrike (\gamedir\cstrike) for CS

Map: \map\2fort

Dedicated Server: \type\d
I did try l for Listen Servers thinking it would be like when 'details'
is sent to servers but that didn't work.

Servers that are not empty: \empty\1
Servers that are not full: \full\1

Linux only: \linux\1
\linux\0, \win\1, \windows\1 don't work so I don't think Valve want us
to find windows servers. :(

HLTV Servers: \proxy\1
Even though the filtering ability is in the Half-Life client to not show
HLTV proxies there doesn't seem to be an actual filter that is sent to
the master server. So those checks are probably done client side. :(

Servers running VAC (secure mode): \secure\1
\secure\0 will not show insecure servers, I guess this makes those who
use cheats have a harder time finding servers that are not secure and
instead have the fun of downloading the full list to check through.

The filters can be combined. So for example if you wanted TFC running
the HLDM map Bounce that are neither empty or full you would use.
\gamedir\tfc\map\bounce\empty\1\full\1
At the time of writing this I only got 2 servers sent back to me, ah
well. :P
Or maybe CS servers that are secure and running docks (my favourite and
the only CS map that I can remember from when I used to play CS, I also
do know this has been since removed from CS updates *sulk*) :P
\gamedir\cstrike\map\docks\secure\1

There maybe more filters than this so if anyone knows them please post
them and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong somewhere but I tested
these as I added the notes and they seemed to work fine.

Victim"
> > Desgroseilliers
> > Sent: 02 January 2003 05:59
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Sending commands to HLDS
> >
> > Yeah, the articles there work nicely (although they do use Delphi
> which
> > may
> > not be particularly intuitive) -- there was also one at the VERC
> > collective
> > as well if I'm not mistaken. The RCON format used to be fairly
> > straightforward, but then it was modified to use a challenge
protocol
> > make it more secure or something to that effect. It's still a
> relatively
> > simple operation, you just need two messages instead of one.

Windows
> > > network
> > > sockets API. Essentially all the network connectivity functions
for
> > > Windows
> > > programs run through WinSock, even Half-Life's. Some of the MFC
> stuff
> > that
> > > uses WinSock may be higher-level, but WinSock itself can send TCP
> and
> > UDP
> > > packets just fine. You need to do more to use raw sockets to write
> the
> > > whole
> > > packet yourself, including the protocol header (and that only
works
> > for
> > > administrator accounts under 2K/XP), but as Half-Life uses UDP for
> > > non-player connections there shouldn't be a problem.
> > >
> > > The packet format should be in the full SDK (at least it used to
be)
> > --
> > > it's
> > > in a "Server Info" folder with the name "server protocol.txt". It
> > contains
> > > both the old and new formats for querying server info, as well as
> the
> > > master
> > > server query protocol, but the RCON protocol isn't there. If you
> need
> > > that,
> > > I'm sure I can dig it up.

Nick