From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 8:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RE: [hlcoders] Motion Blur

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

George,

Not all cards have hardware support for hte stencil buffer and as such will
slow the machine down to sludge.

I noticed you were using GLUT function calls and definitions as parameters
which wont work in HL as it is not a GLUT window.

Instead I would suggest trying something like:

glEnable/glDisable(GL_STENCIL_TEST);

glStencilFunc(function, reference, mask);

glStencilOp(stencil_fail, depth_fail, depth_pass);

glStencilMask(mask);

glClear( | GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT);

Hope this helps,

Michael Shimmins
The Absconder Effect

>Hey there,
>
>This isn't an answer, more of a question related to
>OpenGL...have you been able to use the stencil buffer?
>I have tried but it never seems to work since it needs to
>be initialized with
>glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_RGBA|GLUT_DOUBLE|GLUT_STENCIL)...
>
>Georges

&! gt;