-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jamie
Esliger
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 9:10 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [hlcoders] Experienced (non-game) Programmer looking for work
on an HL or HL 2 mod

I posted this at planethalflife.com mod forums.  Sending it out to this
list
as well...

Hi everyone. I'm an experienced programmer looking to work on a HL or
HL2
mod. While I have very little game programming experience, I have been
programming for a living for over 10 years now, in the Telecom industry.

My game programming experience is limited only to a little fooling
around
with some 2D stuff from an old Lamothe book "Windows Game Programming
for
Dummies", as well as a tiny little bit of DirectX programming
experimentation.

I know C very well, and some C++. I can find my way around a C++ program
and
have written some small programs, but nothing major. I learn fast.

Programming itself is not the problem. I just want an interesting
project to
work on.

I'm interested in learning more about game programming, and developing a
mod
seems to be a great path to take.

I'd like to work on something with a well thought-out game design, and a
motivated team leader.

I'm willing to start from scratch on a new mod, or join an existing mod
team, even if it is just to quash those final few bugs. I just want to
get
into the guts of the game.

Thanks,
Jamie