Hello Phil,

Saturday, May 31, 2003, 9:54:35 AM, you wrote:
>> But releasing SOURCE CODE to a game that's not even out yet, is REALLY
>> silly.
well, I don't think so. I think they'll do something as we did with Codename: Outbreak
SDK (or VitalEngine SDK). What is needed to build simple level
renderer using some flexible engine? (except engine dll's :) )

several lines of code... For example:

Engine_SetFolder('D:\HL2');
Engine_CreateWindow(h_wnd,800,600,@InitProc, ....);
Engine_InitPhysics();
Engine_LoadWorld('D:\my_lev.bsp');
main loop here
Engine_ReleasePhysics();
Engine_ReleaseObjects();
Engine_Shutdown();

so, using such simple renderer people who will work on HL2 mods will be able
to test level without HL2 itself, with such simple renderer :) the
same thing about game and client dll's... They can release dll's
containing some example code (several entities, some hud elements) and
that is all. So I don't see anything that can make realeasing SDK
before HL2 REALLY silly.

Best regards,

Vyacheslav Djura
Deep-Shadows