He doesn't mean steam, he means the Steam SDK - So we can build new things
that work in/with Steam.

At 17:24 29/09/2003, you wrote:
uh, yeah... steam is already out.... its been out for a while.. but there is
two versions.. the first version is just steam and steam only.. which is not
more than 2mb.. and then theres the FULL version, which is called cs
1.6/steam which is 379mb....!! yes 379mb... here is the link for the
download which will take about 1hr 2 min on a Broadband/cable connection or
about 3hr on DSL connection.... but if you go to www.downloads.com and
download the download manager that helps it alot....it will only take about
30 min.. but i wouldnt recommend the download manager... heres the link for
the FULL Steam download which is 379mb...
http://games.softnews.ro/public/cat/1/1-5.shtml, I hope this helps!!

From: "illogic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [hlcoders] Steam SDK?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:10:35 -0500

I have sent emails and tried to get something out of valve on this, but
cannot. does anyone know anything about it? Im looking forward to taking
advantage of the new steam features, but wonder about the release date. i
would like to wait, but cannot afford to long, especially without a some
kind of idea of whats going on.

illOgic
www.ghostopsmod.com