I was unaware closed source stood for anything.  Since open source is
free, as in speech, it 'stands for something' just by its nature.  What
does closed source stand for?  Superfluous amounts of patent
litigation?  Immoral software licenses?  Moronic support contracts?
Charging customers for bug fixes?  Massive security flaws and cascading
software failures?  The ever misleading 'warranty'.  None of these
things have to do with Valve of course but they are just things that
came to my head when I thought about some of the biggest proponents of
closed source.