Hello Andrew,

AS> I actually think that to a degree the DRM present in Steam and HL2 is
AS> actually an improvement on what we get currently.

Why?

AS>  For a start, Steam allows me to access a copy of HL2 from anywhere that has an
internet connection,
AS> and I can instantly start downloading it if it's a broadband connection.

Broadbrand is very rare worldwide.

Maybe is a better option to move HL with a CD-R than redownloading
everything. HL will ask for you CD-KEY, soo not problem.

Suppose a normal 8 K/s download with Steam:

600 MB,  4 hours
3000 MB (30 mods),  4 days

Suppose a normal CD-R disk with HL Dir:

30 s to copy from CD to HD

AS> And there's still the option to use the game CD to prove that you own the game
AS> like we always have.

AS> And with any luck Valve should release the offline play Steam patch soon...

Ignoring Singleplayer and LAN was a mistake. Will be nice to see these
problems fixed ...forever. Thanks.

Looks like older system was simpler, stronger and cleaner. Maybe I am
oldschool or what?

Thanks for your mail.