Jeffrey "botman" Broome wrote:

We can spawn entities, look them up, modify certain aspects, why the
hell can't we delete them?

You can.

Please can we have this *bug* fixed.  I see this as a setback to anyone
trying to create a mod.

What entities specifically can't you remove if you are creating your own
MOD?

Oh, this looks like I have got the wrong end of the stick :)

I am looking to be able to add or remove spawn points, and also remove
weapons from the CS.

Is this possible?

This is all new to me, and I am only part way through coding my first
plugin for metamod.  google searches and other peoples code have been
invaluable in finding most things I needed to know.  I have even
downloaded the archived hlcoders mailing list before posting, and my
interpretation of previous posts was that weapons could not be removed
from the game.

2 other questions I have :)

1) Is there a way to force a client to drop a weapon without issuing the
CLIENT_COMMAND(pEntity, "drop")?
2) Is there an easy way to see if a shield is being carried but not
deployed?  I have these 2 bits of code which hint on a solution, but I
am hoping that asking here will give me a better insight.

        // Block Server-Crash exploit
        if( pPlayer->v.sequence == 86 )

           // Block shield exploit
            if( pPlayer->v.sequence == 98 )