[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Source IS lovely, but it appears VALVe had help.

http://www.havok.com/clients/valve.php

Not to say this is bad, only that it isn't 100% innovative.  However, this
detracts not from the HL2 Silver I bought.  :D

I disagree.

Id Software also have a phisic engine on is latest game (I think) but as
a design decision Gameplay dont meet Phisics.

Looks like Valve choice whas to USE phisics for innovative and enhanced
gameplay AND toys. Even a weapon is a maximized phisic toy ( these nice
tractor beam ).

Doing this can be dificult and the result can be:

 - toy-esque that is not bad, but is a not good as posible.
 - good, with extra amazing and innovative gameplay
 - bad (broken)

Also for some reason Source screenshots not looks like Quake4, Doom3, and
all "doom3" alike games. Is use of 3d cards features is innovative and
different from other posible styles.

Anyway, others coders are not frezze and also code nice stuff, say
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looks like interesting, and even Unreal 2004 engine whas
impresive. Its only Valve design fun games, and this is all about :D

Of course, I play the fanboy role here.

Cheers, VALVe & hlcoders. ~

--- "K. Mike Bradley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One thing is for sure .... Source is incredible.
I have played it in CS Source and it is the game engine to get.
Steam and all the other stuff ... Well ....