From: "Jeffrey "botman" Broome" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Does HL2 have built-in metamod-like functionality?

Pavol Marko wrote:

Nothing is perfect: http://www.planethalflife.com/potd/index.asp?id=475552 http://www.planethalflife.com/potd/index.asp?id=475129

They both look like perfect ragdoll simulations to me.

Notice that no joints are hyperextended (bent backwards).  Bodies come
to rest in realistic positions based on the mass of the components of
the system.

Not perfect would be joints that bend the wrong way, or joints that
aren't bent when gravity should have made extremties fall to a lower
surface (i.e. the "legs sticking horizontally out in the air" syndrome
when somebody dies on a set of stairs in Half-Life).

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome