I'd have to second that.  I played HL2 for about 3 hours last night,
most of which was spent trying to figure out why HL2 was crashing
during the first teleportation sequence with Alex.  At first I thought
it was my nForce2-based audio because of the sound looping as it
crashed and the steampowered.com support entry on the subject, but
after I disabled it in the bios and the problem reoccured, I tried
cranking my graphics settings down to minimum, and then it ran fine.
It seems that when the image-negative effect got used, it somehow
interfered with FSAA on my Geforce 6800?  Not really sure, but once
anti-aliasing was turned off it work.  Aside from that (I'd like to
say minor, but it's not really) setback (and also some micro lag when
new sound files are played), the rest of the game is STELLAR!  And
those things are probably stuff that will end up getting worked out in
minor, probably hardware-specific, patches I figure.  So yeah, you
going do truely rock, and a big thanks for fulfilling pretty much all
of my expectations.  Not easy.  So major kudos to all of you, and
thank you for all of your hard work!

--
Bob Aman
http://www.rapidcanvas.com