Thanks for the list, this is helpful. The dropdown box entries are
shared with the configurations in Hammer, so you can remove them in
Hammer. We'll add a way to do this in the launcher, too.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James
Williams
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 1:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] SDK issues: a list

I've managed to find a few bugs/issues with the Source SDK. Some have
been repeated elsewhere, but it might be a good idea to start a list for
Valve's sake. :) If you've found any others, feel free to post them
here.

* Dropdown box in SDK window doesn't resize with window: Trivial.

* run_mod.bat chokes on paths with spaces: This appears to be an issue
with Steam itself, not the SDK. I like having my code and such under My
Documents, which is all fine and dandy with the "Create A Mod"
wizard. However, when you run the batch file, Steam chokes and dies
saying it can't find the gameinfo.txt file in "C:\Documents." Doesn't
look like it handles spaces in the -game parameter very well.

* Source control: This has been mentioned on the list already, but I
figured I'd throw it in here too. The solutions the SDK ships with are
bound to Valve's SCC source, which appears to be rather difficult to
remove or replace with your own versioning system.

* Can't edit dropdown box entries: As far as I can tell, there's no way
to add or remove entries the "Create a Mod" wizard adds in the SDK
dropdown box. This is a bit problematic, as it makes it near-impossible
to have multiple developers working on the same source (i.e. with some
SCC solution). You also can't get rid of them, so I have about a
half-dozen entries in there I've managed to create and can't get rid of
now. :/

An update to fix these ASAP would be _greatly_ appreciated. TIA.

-James "Corvidae" Williams ([EMAIL PROTECTED])