_Seem_ to have fixed it with:
------------------
        char *s;
        s = (char *)strchr( szKeyName, '#' );
        if ( s )
        {
                *s = '\0';
-----------------
Will this work, am I just missing the error, or will this cause errors
down the road??

Now I am getting a bunch of errors for not having windows.h.  I have
not yet downloaded the Platform SDK.  I don't see it being worth 1.4
GB if all I want is a few include files.  Will I have to DL the entire
thing?