I'm interested in this too.  I've tried both options in the Create a Mod
dialog.  "Start a mod from scratch" seems to create a bare-bones
multiplayer mod, and doesn't make use of any of the HL2 weapon code (the
files are included in the project, but they're excluded from the
build).  "Modify Half-Life 2" does include the HL weapon code, but of
course the default behavior for the mod is a single player game.
Changing appid in gameinfo.txt to 320 or using -applaunch 320 for
steam.exe doesn't seem to do the trick (the changes I made to the source
still don't have any effect, since it looks like it's just loading the
old deathmatch dll).

So, has anyone been able to basically recompile HL2DM with the SDK?  I'd
imagine this is how mods like Rocket Crowbar get their beginnings.

-Mike

Kyle Keating wrote:

but is the code for your hl2dm including with the hl2 sdk, or is it
jsut the single player. I'm interested in making a simple mod to
improve featuring for hldm2. I do not wish to make a whole new mod or
recreate hldm2.