Teddy wrote:

Someone's gonna hafta try to cut down the netcode of the vehicles alot before we can feasibly use them in multiplayer

Knowing what I know about other physics engines (not knowing all that much about Havok), flying vehicles usually require less bandwidth to keep the client and server in sync with each other because they have simpler physics properties. Wheeled vehicles tend to have more contacts with the ground and have things like complex suspension/steering which all need to be replicated between the server and all clients.

If you are making a futuristic MOD (like UT2004), make all of your
vehicles flying vehicles (or very low hovering vehicles).

If you're doing a Road Rally kind of MOD, or a Demolition Derby kind of
MOD, best of luck to you.  :)

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome