Draco wrote:
after the steam update my desktop sortcuts don't work properly. I have
one set up for my HL1 MOD with the -dev param on it, but now it just
launches normal Half-Life. I then made a new shortcut through steam,
didn't work either. Has anyone noticed this bug? I know it's no big
deal but it could get annoying :( If anyone knows a work around to
this I would be grateful, right now I'm training myself to use the
steam menu again lol

From the hlds email list...

The Steam launcher now quotes each parameter (i.e "+connect" "+ip:port"
) which the HL1 engine does not correctly parse (this fixes game
launching problems when you have spaces in the path name). Adding those
extra quotes is a good work around (for all the arguments after the
applaunch parameter), we will work on a fix that doesn't need this extra
quoting. - Alfred

You might want to try "-game MyMod"

-- Jeffrey "botman" Broome