> Kids these days.. if every scrap of data doesnt have its own class, > factory and RPC interface, they call it a hack. ;)

Listen here whipper-snapper, you're talking to someone who hand coded
portions of his mod in assembly ;]

There are some things that are considered good design and other things
that are not - requesting iterations of interface versions by
decrementing ASCII characters is definitely a hack, and (I certainly
hope) it's not Valve's intended use.

   ~dvander

Luke Graham wrote:
strcat()
strcmp()
atoi()
char * restoffoo = &foo[sizeofstuffidontwant]

Strings arent that hard... and they certainly arent ugly hacks.