but bullets in HL2 and HL1 already are tracelines .. like everyone
have been saying, they are instantaneous, and if you think that's bad,
then this is why people want to make it more bullet-like.

r00t:
"Husan, I was thinking about doing this actually.
Not sure of the performace hit doing a traceline everyframe on a bullet but
something to test out"

well, bullets are already tracelines, and I think the engine does tons
of traces every frame (I would guess every moving object uses
traceboxes for collision detection) etc.