-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alfred Reynolds
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 3:31 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] Plugin API: NetworkIDString returns "UNKNOWN"

No (in general, typically it will work). Retrieval of the network ID is
an asynchronous operation, it can complete at any time (hence the
network ID callback for plugins).

Your problem however appears to be due to you running a listen server
with maxplayers set to 1 (making it a single player game), in that case
the network ID is never set to a valid value.

- Alfred