Make sure "newfont" is the actual name of the font, which is possibly
different from the font's filename. Also remove the space from the
"newfont " entry.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Heritage
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:35 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Need help with custom fonts please

So I made my own font, put it my mod's resource folder, edited
ClientScheme.res and nothing works. I'm having lots of trouble with the
redundant unnecessary scripting stuff.

Here is my virtual font I scripted

HudText
{
        "1"
        {
                "name"          " newfont "
                "tall"          "32"
                "weight"        "0"
                "antialias"     "1"
                "additive"      "1"
                "custom"        "3"
        }
}

The reason I had to make this thing is because halflife hud font doest
have letters and I wanted to add a letter or two into my hud without
changing the hl2 font. So I made my new font called "newfont" which is
just the hl2 font with the letters I needed which replaces some of those
weapon symbols, then I added what would appear to be like the correct
stuff at the bottom of the ClientScheme.res file

CustomFontFiles
{
        "1"             "resource/HALFLIFE2.ttf"
        "1"             "resource/HL2MP.ttf"
        "2"             "resource/HL2crosshairs.ttf"
"3"             "resource/newfont.ttf"
}

Now, I am probably missing something somewhere, but before I extract
every script file from the .GCF pack and do a massive search for text in
files to compare what I may be or may not be missing, I figured I would
just ask here because im becoming very frustrating with these scripts. I
don't even like scripts. I'm going to have to figure out a way to
unscripted most everything because I don't want the server admins
changing the weapon values etc.. etc.. or the clients messing up their
gui/huds. Anyway, if someone could tell me how to add a new font, I
would appreciate it. And lets not even talk about compiling VTF files
because I'll blow up! I really hate TGA files, can't we just got back to
bitmaps and sprites, what the hell is a shader, lol.  I'm going to start
needing hl2-sdk antidepressant pills.