As a plugin developer, I quite frequently test my server plugins on a local
listen server while I'm developing. When I go to play games, though, I'm
reminded that the plugin is still there when the plugin's concommands are still
accessible. No big deal most the time, but some of the language in the recent
Steam announcements about 'cheat detection' make me worry that plugin
developers might get penalized for accidentally leaving a random
serverplugin_empty DLL in their cstrike/addons folder (since these will load
happily into the hl2.exe process).

My question: will server plugins be exempt from the detection? If not, since
the client is automatically loading the plugin into the process space, is it
possible that developers could be penalized for accidentally loading their
plugin?

Just a random thought, thanks for any input you might have,
-Mattie