On 6/3/05, Mike Dussault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/general/multiplayer_networking.html

Am I correct that a player does not actually state their position in
the world but simply gives impulses (buttons), and therefore it's the
number of impulses per second that allows speed hacking?

I note that the server can specify the maximum rate clients can
request updates from the server. Would it be possible to have a sever
variable to control the maximum number of ticks/updates recieved from
the client per second? If a server received more than this setting the
extra updates would be dropped or averaged.

Jeff "Codiac" Fearn