Creating the beam with the FBEAM_FADEOUT flag should do what you want.

By the way, you can find all the valid beam flags in
game_shared\beam_flags.h.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ian Warwick
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 7:33 AM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] How to make a beam fade out?

I am trying to make a beam fade away, I was thinking kRenderFxFadeFast
would do the trick, but where to specify this when creating a beam using
BeamCreate() method of CBeam, once I have an instance of CBeam I am
unsure where to specify the renderfx that the sprite will use.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ian

addressed. If you have received this email in error you are on notice of
its status. Please notify us immediately by return email if you are not
the intended recipient and delete this message. Please note that any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of FusionPeople Ltd.

FusionPeople Ltd may monitor outgoing and incoming emails and other
telecommunications on its email and telecommunication systems.