-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of hp
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:44 AM
To: Alfred Reynolds
Subject: Re[2]: [hlcoders] vgui and 16:9/10 problem

Hello Alfred,

thx but that will not fix my problem i think here is my res:

        "team"
        {
                "ControlName"           "CTeamMenu"
                "fieldName"             "team"
                "xpos"          "0"
                "ypos"          "0"
                "wide"          "640"
                "tall"          "480"
                "autoResize"            "0"
                "pinCorner"             "0"
                "visible"               "1"
                "enabled"               "1"
                "tabPosition"           "0"
                "settitlebarvisible"            "0"
                "title"         "#Frame_Untitled"
        }

 when i start my mod in 16:10 (1280x800) it is scalling 640x480 to
1066x800(from gui editor) - that means that mod is scaling it to 4:3 not
my actual  screen format 16:10

 it looks like it is scalling just by height and then width is scalled
from our new scalled height - resulting bad width on my
background(being too small in width).

 but as i said when i change resolution in game then it looks right
even if vgui editor shows width and height as 639x479.

 im not expert but looks like bug to me - it thinks it is in 4:3 when
in fact it is in 16:10

 what to do to make it see it is in 16:10 not 4:3 - i dont think
setting it in .res to 16:10 resolution is good idea.

 p.s. this problem is also true for 16:9 format.

> You need to use the "r" and "c" modifiers on the position of the
> panels to make them layout properly in all aspect ratios. If you set a

> position to be "r20" it will be 20 pixels in from the right side of
> the screen (that 20 will be scaled if the panel is proportional),
> "c20" means 20 pixels  to the right from the center of the SCREEN (not

> the panels parent!), "c-20" mean 20 pixels to the left of the center
of the screen.

> - Alfred

Best regards,
 hp                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]