Are you doing this for a school project? I see it's hosted at Oregon
State. Just wondering, sounds cool.

Tim Holt wrote:

Definitely murky.  Definitely something Valve can answer too I think.  Can you
imagine the expense and process to hire a lawyer and have them contact Valve's
legal people and try and work it out?  Ugh :^)

There are two things in CZ I want to use - ok 4.  The BlackHawk helecopter, a
generic truck model, a generic Humvee, and some of the music as a background
track for a demo movie.  I've already taken the model content and ported it to
Source with reskinning, etc.

It comes down now to whether it's OK to how much I can distribute it beyond to
people I know that have a full HL2/CZ license.  Also whether it's permissable
for me to release movies and still images (screenshots) where the (reskinned
and ported) models are shown, but actual access to the full mod content is not
available to the public.

Here's a pic btw of how it's being used...

http://oregonstate.edu/~holtt/tamucc/background020003.jpg

Quoting "Jeffrey \"botman\" Broome" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Tim Holt wrote:

So exactly what is the legality/status/etc. for using CZero content in a

HL/HL2

mod?  Legit?  There's a lot of music in there that's actually got some
interesting potential uses, plus models.

See this thread...

http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com/msg06959.html

I think using CZ content in other mods is a little bit legally murky
because CZ was worked on by so many other companies (besides Valve) so
it's not always obvious who the copyright owner is for any one specific
asset.

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome

Kamran A
Get Firefox! Safer, Faster, Better.
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85>
Down with Internet Explorer! Say "NO!" to Spyware! Use Firefox