From: "Teddy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Are we ever going to get an update for VS2005?

I was also expecting a SDK code update back in october, because the
engine update at that time broke Dystopia (along with alot of other
mods), but alas we had to do some hasty workarounds of our own. I
can't quite believe it's been 10 months since the last SDK code
update, especially given the number of issues in the current build.

Back in Novemember I was presenting at the Australian Microsoft
Tech-Ed on "Developing atop Half-Life 2 with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Express Edition", I remember telling people at the presentation that a
patch to make the SDK work with VS 2005 Express would be out "very
soon", there was even a press announcement;
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/aug05/08-31ValveCPlusPlusPR.mspx

Now i feel like a total ass for lying to all those people :/