On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 18:45 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Not sure if that helps clear things up for you, or if I'm on a tangent. :)

That's great and all, and rather informative, but I'm afraid you're on a
tangent.  The question is this: what kind of timebase is the client
rendering on?  Does it try to be exactly synchronized with the server,
regardless of latency, or does it just monotonically increase its
current time as it receives packets?  Again, two scenarios:

        If the former is true, then for a client and server of any
        arbitrary latency, curtime is exactly synchronized.

        If the latter is true, then for a client and server of X seconds
        round-trip latency, curtime on the client (when rendering) is
        X/2 seconds behind curtime on the server.

Which one?

-John Sheu