I fixed this, but it is impossible to use fake clients now. The server
crashes with precache model errors and also if you precache the missing
models. Fake clients only work in DOD:S right now.

Regards
Ronny

so then...

if ((engine->GetPlayerNetworkIDString() == NULL) ||
(strcmp(engine->GetPlayerNetworkIDString(), "BOT") == 0)) {
   itsabot = true;
}

Sounds like an engine.dll regression though to me that it would ever
return NULL.  Valve should fix that I'd hope.