In my 100% honest opinion, no engine is worth close to 1 mil, and definently
not the source engine.  Why big mags are always saying 'tremendous source
engine' is beyond me.  I played Prey at wsvg and that game has the coolest
gravity system I have ever seen.  Then you have Fear, doom, quake.
In my opinion the source engine is just havok, then the rest is hard coded
to leave modders a lot of greef.
What does havok go for these days anyway.  I heard that source code that was
'hacked' from valve actually had a lot of those professional 3rd party
application in there.  I looked for an copy when I first heard about it,
unfortunetly after hl2 was released I deleted the rar I got.  The cd is
lieing around here somewhere, wonder is the havok engine is worth cleaning
my room...  nah.