Same here...I was already happy that something is finally coming, but then, it
was just a confusing topic name :P
Our team is kind of annoyed too...although we would really love to have all the
new features in the SDK, it concerns us far more that we have to deal with the
amount of bugs since the engine update. Having to run the SDK on two PCs to
work with StudioMDL _and_ Hammer is not quite the kind of workflow that
increases speed ;o)
Too bad the workaround damages as much as it resolves :-/

However, I assume that this will still take some time. Remember when Alfred
announced a new SteamAppId for Source mods? It was still unclear at that time
what requirements for mods will be with this new Id. As this covers modding as
much as the broken SDK itself does, my assumption is that this will result in
one big update. However, with VALVe being in the planning phase for the mod
requirements, we still might have to wait longer...

I'm getting the feeling that the answer to all assumptions, ideas and
suspicions around this topic leads us to the well-known 42.

So long and thanks for all the fish,
Sebastian 'Darth.Hunter' Kreutz