John Sheu wrote:
The recent angles questions just made me think of another question.  A
superficial examination of mathlib.cpp shows that many of the optimized math
routines only compile under Windows.  Is there any reason for this?  Or is it
another one of those do-it-yourself things?

-John Sheu

It's either "we care much more about Windows than your alien platform"
or "hey, GCC's better at optimizing than our rewrite to GNU-compatible
assembler!" Since Valve is the only middleware vendor whose current
engine client hasn't been proven to run on Linux by any of its licensors
(id's Quake 4 does, see Doom 3; Epic's Unreal II does, see UT2004), I'll
be gambling on the probability of the first claim being true.

~~ Ondra