Yeah - that's what I'd expect because your mod wouldn't have the hook
for virtual terrains in game_shared/physics_shared.cpp.  On linux there
is an extra wrinkle because the engine expects maps to contain
linux-specific data if your mod is exposing the previous version of the
server game DLL interface.

As far as this goes:
> I'm wonder if this change means that we'll be able to
> manipulate displacements properly in game.. complete with
> collision data.

it's pretty close to that now.  If you actually move a displacement
surface, those triangles are connected to the virtual terrain in their
updated state.  What isn't connected is:
a) the virtual terrain has a cache that can't be directly invalidated
b) There is no code to push on objects that have contact points with the
current virtual mesh surface

So in the current implementation you'd get correct collisions after a
deformation once any objects touching the surface were removed and the
cache was rebuilt.

Jay