I've added the patch to the KI fixed page:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Known_Issues_List_Fixed

The only thing in that patch however was the Linux compilation blocker patch
that I'd previously posted right after 2006-08-04 SDK update, however I still
haven't gotten past this link blocker:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Known_Issues_List#Will_not_link_fully_on_Linux

I'm going to try importing the old file from an older SDK and see what
happens...

(Whew lots of garbage posts to sort through on hlcoders lately - sure would be
nice if people would just ignore posts that don't relate to critical core SDK
issues.)