From: "LDuke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Downloadables Bug? VALVE?

I used to use stopsound all the time, especially on maps like cs_rio with
the loud radio music. It's been a cheat in CSS since the beta was
released.

On 2/22/07, Jay Croghan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That isn't a bug for gods sake.
Since pre-1.6 you could always type "stopsound" into your console and
stop all ambient sounds. It's people like you that are the reason
cl_restrict_server_commands exists.

- Jay

Quoting Ratman2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello,
>
> so i have tested it out...
> But we cant use it becouse we cant execute it by server plugins becouse
> cl_restrict_server_commands is set to 1 as default....
> And its possible to stop ambient sounds with that function so player
> can
get
> an
> advantage becouse they can hear all better than an "normal" player...
> As example:
> we play on an loudness map with ambient sound... you cant hear me... i
have
> binded
> snd_restart to an button and press it... so my sounds system gets
reloaded
> and i dont have ambient sound now... so i can hear sounds, what you
> dont
> hear... i think this is an bug from the system!
>
> i hope thats it get fixed!
>
> With friendly Reguars
>
> Ratman2000

>>> just