If you mean that the edges of the models in front of the 'blur' are
blurred, then it's because you're updating the refraction buffer after
that model has been drawn, so when it's blurring it that model is
being blurred too.

The only real way around it is to change everything to a non opaque
render mode so they all get depth sorted..

garry