I think saying the resulting file would be HUGE is overstating it.
You could cover 99% of the cases (a user runs your mod, tweaks the
keyboard settings, and enters a game) with a ten mb MP3.

I agree looping it by hand is cheezy, but it seems better than beating
your head against a wall trying to figure out how to get a sound to
loop indefinitely when users are ever really going to be at the menu
for five minutes.

Nate