Send the lua files as a txt file then rename it on the client perhaps?

- voogru.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 2:11 AM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Adding downloads via downloadables table

We use lua to go along with our maps, and I'm trying to get the server to
automatically send the lua files to the clients like it already does the
maps. After messing with it a bit trying to get it to work, I tried a text
file and it worked, so it appears that lua files are filtered/excluded from
being able to be downloaded. Is there any way to get around this? In our mod
at least, the map files are incomplete without the lua files, so the clients
can start their own server with the maps unless they get the lua files from
somewhere else. Obviously that's not practical when it would be best if we
could get the engine to send them the lua file as well. There a way to do
this?